Information for fully vaccinated visitorsGeorgia accepts any kind of anti-COVID vaccine. These who have taken 2 doses (and if that’s Johnson&Johnson vaccine, Georgia accepts one dose), can enter Georgia only with their passports and proof of vaccination (it can be in English, Georgian, Russian). No quarantine is required.
Visa regime is still in force. Citizens and residents of Europe, USA, Middle East can enter Georgia without visa. For the other nationalities and these who are in Middle East on tourist visa, it is required to apply for e-visa in advance: e-Visa Portal.
These fully vaccinated visitors who travel to Georgia via plane, only are required to show their passport and a proof of vaccination (and visa, if applicable). If a person enters Georgia through land border with Armenia, Azerbaijan, Turkey or Russia, he/she also has to show a negative PCR test, taken at least 72 hours before the crossing of the border. No further tests are required.
Information for non vaccinated visitorsThere is a list of countries from where a person can travel to Georgia, even not being vaccinated. This list is being updated with time. At the moment these countries are:
- European Union member countries
- Andorra, Liechtenstein, Monaco, San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
- China, Japan, South Korea
- Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Northern Macedonia, Serbia
Non vaccinated citizens or residents of the countries mentioned above:
- While entering Georgia, show a negative result of PCR test taken at least 72 hours before the traveling. The test can be in English, Russian, Georgian.
- After entering Georgia, take another PCR test in any lab of Georgia, on their 3rd day. No quarantine required for the first days. This PCR test will be checked upon a visitor’s departure.
- Before entering Georgia, it is required to fill out a form
- Children under 10 are exempted from the obligation to submit PCR test on their first and third day.
- Non vaccinated visitors from the countries that are not in the list cannot enter Georgia.
Exit regulations for GeorgiaThere are no requirements for leaving Georgia per se (PCR test or whatever). These non vaccinated visitors who fail to submit their PCR test taken on their 3rd day of being in Georgia, shall pay fine of 2000 GEL at the airport.
To enter back their home/country of residents, a person shall check regulations of this specific country. Most of European and Middle Eastern countries require to present a negative PCR test taken at least 72 hours before the departure from Georgia, for everyone, even for vaccinated visitors. Please make sure you are aware of the requirements of your country, before you travel.
Stay safe and happy traveling!